Wood's poetry is concerned with people and place. He writes out of his experiences and the archive creating a layered quality that references a wide variety of poetic sources. Since 'In the Desert' was published in 2013, his work has appeared in Australian and international journals, and, been anthologised in Best Australian Poems, Active Aesthetics and The Red Hen Anthology of Indian Writing.
- redgate (Glasgow Review of Books, 2018)
- wembley food court (Cordite, 2018)
- the madness of no parting (Southerly, 2017)
- snake-well (Cordite, 2016)
- as doctored as the sun (Writ, 2015)
- melting ice (Plumwood Mountain, 2015)
Wood is currently at work on a book of poems about his youth. It seeks to answer the question: what kind of owl is his owl of history?